Monday, February 22, 2010

+DEV+ Obey the Laws of the Road

Date: February 22, 2010 8:45 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Obey the Laws of the Road

Obey the Laws of the Road

“Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.” (John 15:9-10)
Scripture Focus: John 15:9-17

If the speed limit is 20 mph in a school zone, any motorist who drives 21 mph or faster is breaking the law. But when I drive 20 mph in a school zone, there are often reckless drivers who whiz past me.

I am annoyed too by erratic highway driving. Drivers who zoom by and zigzag from lane to lane endanger the lives of fellow motorists. It’s especially annoying to see such a driver in a car with a fish symbol or a bumper sticker with a Christian message on it.

Leading a Christian life involves far more than merely professing to love Jesus. If we truly love Him, we will obey Him. We will keep His commands and follow the guidelines laid down in His written Word.

Romans 13:1 links civil authority and divine authority. If we truly love Christ, we will obey the laws of the land. The effectiveness of our Christian testimony is often determined by how well we demonstrate good citizenship. Even our driving habits speak loudly about our devotion to Christ.

Insight: How we drive says a whole lot about what drives us. How we live demonstrates who we’re living for.

You can subscribe to this devotional at: http://groups.google.com/group/michael-inmans-devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment