Tuesday, March 23, 2010

+DEV+ Intimate Prayer

Date: March 23, 2010 9:39 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Intimate Prayer

Intimate Prayer

“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand.” (Psalm 17:6-7)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 86

Tom walked into his pastor’s office with a heavy heart. “I’ve prayed about this many times, but God doesn’t answer,” he sighed.

The pastor’s only response was, “Come closer.”

Tom wondered, “Is he having trouble hearing?” He spoke a little louder: “Sometimes I feel as if my prayers stop at the ceiling.”

The pastor responded, “Come closer.”

Finally, Tom got it. Sometimes God doesn’t answer our prayers right away. He keeps saying, “Come closer to Me.” God values our relationship with Him, and praying moves us closer to Him.

What parents want their children to talk with them only to get something? We love to converse with our family because it makes us feel closer. Talking to them is certainly not just a means to an end.

Prayer is not like going to a grocery story with our list of needs. Prayer is intimate conversation with the merciful Heavenly Father we know and love.

If God doesn’t answer your prayers, move closer to Him and ask again.

Insight: Intimate communication with our Heavenly Father enriches our relationship with Him. That’s what prayer should be.


You can subscribe to my blog at http://mike-inman.blogspot.com

You can subscribe to this devotional at: http://groups.google.com/group/michael-inmans-devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment