Sunday, April 25, 2010

+DEV+ Who Are You?

Date: April 25, 2010 11:11 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Who Are You?

Who Are You?

"God also said to Moses, 'I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them'" (Exodus 6:2-3).
Scripture Focus: Exodus 3:1-15

After God called from the burning bush and declared that He would use Moses to deliver Israel from Egyptian slavery, Moses had two questions: "Who am I?" and "Who are you?"

God didn't answer Moses' first question directly. It didn't matter who Moses was. What mattered was Whom he would be with. "I will be with you," God said. Or, "Moses, it's not about you!"

Moses' second question was even bolder. After all, the Israelites had spent the last 400 years living in a nation that worshipped more than 80 gods. How could he tell his people of yet another god? But the One speaking to him wasn't just any god. This was the LORD-Jehovah, the one, true, living God Who is self-existent and holy, not dependent on anyone or anything. Jehovah's holy presence would send him and would be with him.

When I began teaching a Bible study class, I wondered if I was up to the task. But it wasn't about me. "I will be with you," God tells us. When we depend on Him, we need nothing else.

Insight: How does knowing the LORD is holy affect how you view sin? Approach what God has called you to do, knowing He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment