Monday, August 23, 2010

+DEV+ Eyes of Faith

Date: August 23, 2010 10:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Eyes of Faith

Eyes of Faith

"'Stop doubting and believe.'Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'" (John 20:27b, 29).
Scripture Focus: John 20:19-31

God loves us and wants us to respond to His love by trusting Him enough to obey His Word. God has given us all we need to enjoy a loving relationship with Him. One day the Lord impressed on my heart how much He had given so I that I might even call Him "Daddy." When I realized how I had failed to exercise the faith He provided, I decided my life had to change.

I began to set apart a specific time and place where I could focus on God regularly. I waited until my soul quieted, then praised God for some aspect of His character. I asked Him to open my spiritual eyes before reading Scripture. By this time, my problems were not my focus; God's ability to solve them was. Finally, I brought my needs and the needs of others before Him in faith and confidence.

I also became more aware of His constant presence and began to talk with Him as I performed mundane tasks. He awakened my spiritual senses, and physical work became a spiritual adventure. What wonders await our spiritual awakening!

Insight: Christ's success supersedes our human failure. Let's trust in His triumph, delight in His laurels, and find meaning in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment