Tuesday, August 30, 2011

+DEV+ Your Will Be Done

Date: August 30, 2011
Topic: +DEV+ Your Will Be Done

Your Will Be Done

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion." (PHILIPPIANS 1:6) "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." (PHILIPPIANS 2:13)
Scripture Focus: Matthew 6:9-13

When I pray, "Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven," I ask the Lord to help me obey as the angels do. When God directs them to do something, they don't question, argue, or refuse. I want to live like that. But sometimes I become cantankerous and build a wall between us. However, I know that He will crash through that wall anytime He wants. In the deepest recesses of my heart, I desire His will for my life.

In the allegory, Hinds Feet on High Places, the heroine walks on a path leading to high places where God will fix her flaws. When the path meanders up the face of a mountain, she panics and calls for her Shepherd. He comes immediately. She tells Him she's changed her mind and doesn't want her imperfection fixed after all. She doesn't want to be on the high places with Him. Gently, He says, "My little maiden, I know your heart better than you do. I know you want to have your flaws healed and to be with me on high places." May God's will to draw you to Himself be done today.

Insight: God Knows Our Hearts Better Than We Do. He Knows Our Greatest Desire Is To Be With Him And To Have Him Correct Our Flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment