Friday, September 9, 2011

+DEV+ The Most Important Prayer

Date: September 9, 2011
Topic: +DEV+ The Most Important Prayer

The Most Important Prayer

"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!'" (MATTHEW 14:29-30)
Scripture Focus: Matthew 14:22-33

Peter had extraordinary faith when he stepped out of the boat. But that faith wavered when he realized walking on water was impossible. Fear came, and he began to sink. He knew he was in danger of drowning. Nothing he could do would rescue him from certain death. Then he prayed the most important prayer anyone could pray: "Lord, save me!" Immediately, Jesus reached out His hand and caught him.

There came a time in my life when I, like Peter, knew I couldn't save myself. Only Jesus could rescue me from eternal death. So I admitted my need for Him and prayed Peter's same prayer. "Lord, save me!" He immediately came into my life. I knew I was safe forever.

If you are reading this and have never called out to Jesus to save you, now is the perfect time. No matter where you are or how the turmoil of this world swirls around you, this is time to admit you cannot save yourself. Put all your faith, hope and confidence in Jesus whose mighty arm reaches out and pulls you to safety.

Insight: We All Are On The Precarious Sea Of Life; The Wisest Thing To Do Is Ask Jesus To Come Into Our Lives And Save Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment