Monday, April 15, 2013

+DEV+ The Confidence of Faith

Date: April 15, 2013 10:47 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Confidence of Faith

The Confidence of Faith

"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever." (Psalm 23:6)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 23

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Is your cup half empty or half full? For King David and the Christian, the cup is not only full to the brim, it is running over! As one song writer put it, "I am drinking from my saucer 'cause my cup overflowed!" How can a Christian have this kind of confident faith?

Psalm 23 generously answers that question by presenting the Good Shepherd in three key places in our lives. He is leading us into green pastures beside the still waters where we can find rest for our weary souls. He is with us in the valleys and shadows of this life. He is following us with His goodness and mercy so that we will delight in feasting at His banquet table for all eternity! Do you believe the Lord is before you, beside you and behind you?

There are three powerful affirmations in Psalm 23 that spring from a Christian who is drinking from his saucer because his cup has overflowed: "I shall not want," "I will fear no evil," and "I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever!"

Insight: A confident faith can be ours because the Lord is the author and finisher of our faith.




Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment