Thursday, November 7, 2013

+DEV+ Pray Continually

Date: November 7, 2013 7:00 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Pray Continually

Pray Continually

"But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice." (Psalm 55:16-17)

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

Every gardener spends a lot of time on his knees. When I first started my career as a gardener, I did not recognize or appreciate this marvelous opportunity. The work is hard and long, and the weather often does not cooperate. On your knees half the day, your attitude can deteriorate quickly.

But one day I realized how much time I was spending on my knees pulling weeds, fixing sprinklers, etc. It hit me: what a perfect time to pray! From then on I determined to pray whenever I was on my knees. It has made a difference in my attitude.

Jesus looked for times to pray and made use of them. Sometimes He got up early (Mark 1:35) or prayed all night (Luke 6:12). The Bible records numerous times of day when He prayed. We can find time, too, if we plan for it. You may be able to pray while working. If you're a brain surgeon or scientist, you may need to find another time. But we all have mental downtime, like when we're commuting or folding clothes, when we can spend quality time with our Master.

Insight: The apostle Paul told us to pray without ceasing. You can't do that without starting. Find your mental downtime and fill it with prayer.




Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are still in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment