Monday, January 25, 2016

+DEV+ Jesus My Savior

Date: January 25, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus My Savior

Jesus My Savior

"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Colossians 3:3-4

Scripture Focus: Luke 2:8-14; 1 John 4:13-16

One of my favorite hymns is "Were You There?" It asks, "Were you there when they crucified my Lord?" If you have come to Jesus Christ in faith, wanting to obey His Word and seeking to glorify Him, you were there. You weren't there physically, but you were crucified with Him vicariously. As Paul says in Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Christ died specifically for His Church (those who receive Jesus as Savior).. 

Christ died for the sins of everyone without exception! While some think His sacrifice is sufficient,  that He only made it possible for some to be saved. But God is absolutely sovereign, rescuing those who call upon His name, Some think that If God chose them they cannot resist His salvation while those whom He did not call can never be saved no matter if they wanted to. this is called predestination and is heresy. For the Bible says “FOR WHO SO EVER… will be saved” Then we have the belief that once you are saved you can do anything evil and remain saved… (Once saved-Always saved) another heresy. The devil will alway try to frustrate the will of God and fail.

Insight: Read Jesus' high priestly prayer of John 17. ask yourself, "Is it possible that Jesus' prayer could be frustrated?" how much less his atoning work!





Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

  

No comments:

Post a Comment