Wednesday, February 17, 2016

+DEV+ Friends, Romans, Countrymen; Lend Me your Ears

Date: February 17, 2016 at 2:24 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Friends, Romans, Countrymen; Lend Me your Ears

Friends, Romans, Countrymen; Lend Me your Ears

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Scripture Focus: John 5:24-30

Jesus told the people persecuting Him that "those who hear will live." I hear people talking a lot about God speaking to them and the spirit leading them to one decision or another, and I always feel like a bit of an outcast. I've never seen or heard a plan from on high for what my life specifically is meant to look like.

But I've sure read a lot in broad strokes about a life centered on Jesus. And hopefully you have, too... in the Bible. In any discussion of what it looks like to follow Jesus into "life to the fullest," the authoritative source must be the Word of God, specifically the voice of the Son of God. Jesus was a teacher and invited His disciples to follow Him. For those who were around back then, that meant, in part, literally following where He went. For us, it looks like reading the Bible consistently and restructuring our lives accordingly.

I know I can't trust hunches and feelings about what I think I'm being told; they change like the wind. But I can trust the never-failing Word of the Lord.

Insight: Seek to glorify God in ways that are in keeping with the person he made you to be.







Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

  

No comments:

Post a Comment