Sunday, May 1, 2016

+DEV+ The Presence Of Jesus

Date: May 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Presence Of Jesus

The Presence Of Jesus

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Scripture Focus: John 17:6-26

I like to think of a Christian home as a living body, with Jesus as it's beating heart. When people enter my home for a meal, a meeting, or for counseling, I try to imagine I'm bringing them into fellowship with the invisible but very present Center of our household. 

On the many occasions when Jesus broke bread and blessed it, He wasn't just asking for nourishment for Himself and His companions. He was seeking God's favor in granting every good thing that happens when people gather in a cozy space or over a good meal: relationship, laughter, caring, joy...bonds that say, "I love being with you, sharing what I have with you. I'm so glad you're here with me!" 

God's whole purpose in reconciling us to Himself was for this very end: fellowship! When we bow our heads to pray or open His Word to study, surely our Father's heart beats with joy to have us come in and be near Him. God grant that all who come through our doors will sense that same joyous presence of Jesus in our lives and in our homes.

Insight: The best way to push someone into God's heart is to pull them into your own.







Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
  


No comments:

Post a Comment