Wednesday, June 24, 2009

+DEV+ The Rescue

Date: June 24, 2009 9:21 PM

Topic: +DEV+ The Rescuer


The Rescuer



“When it was time for Elizabeth to have her baby, she gave birth to a son. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord had shown her great mercy, and they shared her joy” (Luke 1:57-58).

Scripture Focus: Luke 1:57-66


Elizabeth bore a son after years of barrenness. She was old and well past the age of childbearing. God in His mercy waited for the perfect time, then shocked Elizabeth and Zechariah with an answer to prayer that had long since been set aside.


Mary, a lowly girl in Nazareth, had no outstanding features to draw God’s attention to her, but in His mercy, He lifted her up and blessed her above all women.


I too have received great mercy at the hands of the Lord. When I was a young, single mother living in rebellion, God rescued me. He brought into my life a godly man who believed in me.


As with Elizabeth and Mary, “The Lord had shown [me] great mercy,” and my loved ones shared my joy.


Still today I stand in awe when I think of the dark pit of hell from which God rescued me. When Jesus accepted me, I couldn’t help myself—my heart compelled me to serve Him, to love Him, to lift His name on high. I was compelled to worship Him.


Insight: Because God rescues His children in their time of need, we can put full trust in Him. He won’t let us down. He can’t. He is totally trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment