Sunday, June 14, 2009

+DEV+ What Shall We Give?

Date: June 14, 2009 9:13 PM

Topic: +DEV+ What Shall We Give?


What Shall We Give?


Scripture Focus: James 1:1-18

"Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:16-17)


I love receiving carefully thought out gifts, handpicked to fit "just me". Someone who makes the effort to find the perfect gift for me is someone who knows me intimately. Naturally, their thoughtfulness generates within me the desire to express my gratitude and appreciation in the only way I know how, by offering them a thoughtful gift in return.


In the frenzy of December gift-giving let's not forget that our "Father of heavenly lights" is responsible for sending us the greatest gift of all time, His Son Jesus. He didn't come wrapped in a pretty package, but in a lowly manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes. A perfect gift for an imperfect and needy people.


The gift of Jesus is not exclusive; it's available to anyone who will accept it. Put Jesus on the top of your list of things to give this year. Remember, it is within your power to offer the greatest gift ever received by mortals. Why give mediocre when you can give the best?


Insight: Because we have received the greatest gift of all, what then shall we give in return - but Jesus? No wrapping needed - just pass him on.

No comments:

Post a Comment