Thursday, February 17, 2011

+DEV+ Promise of Significance

Date: February 17, 2011 8:23 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Promise of Significance

Promise of Significance

"'They will be mine,' says the Lord Almighty, 'in that day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them...'" (Malachi 3:17).
Scripture Focus: Song of Solomon 4:1-15

Am I fully aware that God delights in me? He does, just as a bridegroom delights in his bride! Zephaniah 3:17 tells us, "He will rejoice over you with singing."

It is this love which led Jesus to the cross. "God was in Christ" shouldering the blame, taking the shame. While we were still spurning His love, He took our separation from God and suffered an eternity of pain for us. He did this because He delights in us. Through this He has given us our significance and our worth.

In verse 16 Malachi says, "Those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name" (Malachi 3:16). I shared these verses with a friend who hadn't heard them before. But when he considered Malachi's words, an amazed smile spread over his face as it dawned on him that God delighted in him. It is truly marvelous that God considers us His treasure. Dare we value ourselves less?

Insight: Do I look anywhere else for significance? Do I look to others, abilities, qualifications, or occupations? Our true significance does not lie there.

No comments:

Post a Comment