Sunday, February 12, 2012

+DEV+ The Shepherd's Voice

Date: February 12, 2012 10:19 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Shepherd's Voice

The Shepherd's Voice

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:14-15)
Scripture Focus: John 10:1-18

On July 8, 2005, stunned onlookers watched helplessly as 450 sheep plummeted to their deaths near the Turkish village of Gevas. The wooly train wreck started when one sheep walked off a cliff, luring more than 1,500 others to follow suit.

Sheep are known for being easily distracted, directionless, and defenseless. They utterly depend on the shepherd to provide for, preside over, and protect them. The Bible often refers to us as sheep, saying, "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way" (Isaiah 53:6).

The prophet Ezekiel foretold the coming of a Good Shepherd (34:11-24), the Messiah, who would save and defend His sheep. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for the sheep. He is our only protection against the "thieves and robbers" who seek to steal our joy and peace. The more time we spend grazing in the verdant pastures of God's Word and drinking from the waters of Truth, the more recognizable His voice will be.

Insight: We Must Daily Fill Our Hearts And Minds With God's Word So That We Can Distinguish Truth From Lies. Do You Know The Shepherd's Voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment