Wednesday, July 4, 2012

+DEV+ Safety in the Word

Date: July 3, 2012 11:39 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Safety in the Word

Safety in the Word

"Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors. I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word."  (Psalm 119:24-25)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:17-32

There may be people you grew up with who now as adults want nothing to do with the faith in which they were raised. Does that make you consider your own history with Jesus? Originally, I suppose what attracted me as a young believer was a feeling of safety in the Word of God. One of the first things a child senses when told of Jesus' love for him/her is a distinct sense of safety. I didn't want to be outside the protective circle of Christ's love. Out of gratitude for God's care, I obeyed. But I also expected Him, therefore, to preserve me.
   
Over the course of the years, I've come to understand better who Jesus Christ is and what He has done for me. I know that the name of the Lord is a strong tower; I can run to Him, and I am safe. The security that I've rested in comes from the Savior who will preserve me, if not in this world, then in the next. There may be illness, a car accident, disappointment, even death awaiting me. But His forever design to redeem me for His own is promised in His faithful Word. I haven't earned it, and I never will. I am safe in Him.

Insight: Whether "Laid Low" (Vs. 25) Or "Set Free" (Vs. 32), Hold Fast To God's Word: The Only Word Worth Clinging To.

No comments:

Post a Comment