Thursday, November 29, 2012

+DEV+ Knocking at the Heart

Date: November 29, 2012 1:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Knocking at the Heart

Knocking at the Heart


"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in..."  (Revelation 3:20)
Scripture Focus: Revelation 3:14-22

When it comes to coffee, I like mine tongue-toasting hot. After it begins to cool, I cannot drink it. But I also like my coffee iced. It's got to be either hot or cold (I love “Frappuccino’s” drinks).

Jesus warns the Laodecian Christians that they are neither hot nor cold, because their hearts are self-satisfied, content to depend on themselves rather than on Him. What these believers don't understand is that, while they think they have it all together and are living the "good" life, Jesus views them as wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked - not a pretty picture. Like lukewarm coffee, He wants to spit them out of His mouth. Instead, He lovingly stands at the doors of their hearts, knocking and calling for entrance.

How patiently He waits for us, rapping and listening to hear if we will recognize His voice. How He longs for us to let Him fully possess our hearts, to know Him as the Lover of our souls, to open our innermost beings to Him, so we can trust and enjoy that perfect intimacy with Him for which we were created.

Insight: Softly And Tenderly Jesus Is Calling; Calling For You And For Me; See On The Portals He's Waiting And Watching; Watching For You And For Me. (Will L. Thompson, 1880)

No comments:

Post a Comment