Thursday, November 22, 2012

+DEV+ A Wayward Heart

Date: November 22, 2012 12:40 AM
Topic: +DEV+  A Wayward Heart

A Wayward Heart

"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."  (Psalm 145:16)
Scripture Focus: Luke 15:11-20

As a child growing up in a Christian home and environment, I hardly appreciated how graciously protected my life was from the secular world. I often wondered what it would be like to participate in the activities of my non-believing friends. To my innocent heart, the pleasures of sin didn't look so terrible at all.

The younger son in Jesus' parable must have had similar yearnings. After he'd turned his back on his father and spent his inheritance on wild living, he was left with not only empty pockets and an empty stomach, but an empty heart as well. Eventually, he had the sense to return home, and repent.

Are you stuck somewhere on your journey "feeding the pigs?" Do you long for true joy and peace? God our Father, with even deeper longing, comes running out to each of us and restores us again as His beloved ones. He has brought out the feast and royal robes for us! Like this young son, we can turn from the husks of life and return to Jesus for cleansing, filling, and feeding.

Insight: Hallelujah! I Have Found Him; Who My Soul So Long Has Craved!; Jesus Satisfies My Longing; Through His Blood I Now Am Saved. (Clara Tear Williams, 1875)

No comments:

Post a Comment