Friday, February 1, 2013

+DEV+ My Name Is Written On His Heart

Date: February 1, 2013 1:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+  My Name Is Written On His Heart

My Name Is Written On His Heart

 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."  (John 10:27-28)
Scripture Focus: Romans 8:31-39

Do you remember reading Romeo and Juliet? Their love for each other was so strong that they both preferred death over being apart. I have a Savior who "would rather die than live without me," too. He did that, indeed, but His death was not final.

What word but love could describe the heart of Christ as He suffered for the joy set before Him? You and I are that joy! Despite our doubt, pride, anxiety, depression, addictions, idolatries, bitter thoughts and lying tongues, we still are the delight of His heart and the apple of His eye.

In love, He paid for every sin I have committed or ever will commit; in love, He holds on to me - tighter than Romeo could ever hold Juliet. In love, my name is written on His heart and graven in the wounds on His hands. My sin can't stop His plan to bless me with every spiritual blessing. His love does not depend on my performance, but on His own obedience. Here I rest in complete safety, knowing that I am in the very center of the greatest love story ever told.

Insight: "God knows our frame; he remembers that we are but dust; and has opened for us a new and blood-besprinkled way of access to the throne of grace..." (John Newton)




Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment