Monday, February 4, 2013

+DEV+ Pleasure Of The Father

Date: February 4, 2013 1:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Pleasure Of The Father

Pleasure Of The Father

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who... gave himself for me."
 (Galatians 2:20)
Scripture Focus: Matthew 3:13-17

What makes your face light up with joy? Does your heart race at the sight of a beloved person or at that first glimpse of a newborn baby? Do you come alive with pleasure when you see beautiful art or taste a gourmet meal? Just try to imagine what on earth could bring pleasure and delight to the heart and mind of an infinite God?

Scripture tells us that God delights in the Godhead, each member of the Trinity participating eternally in mutual love and endless satisfaction and joy. How then, could I ever hope to please God or bring joy to Him, especially as a fallen sinner? Yet God does delight in me because I am united by faith to the Son who pleased Him perfectly on my behalf. How does God feel about His Son? Is He ever annoyed or exasperated with Him, impatient, disappointed or bored? No! He adores Him at every moment of every day. When I am united to Christ and His perfection is credited to me, God looks at me and sees His Son. And He is riveted and overjoyed by what He sees...always!

Insight: "Why does the Father treasure his Son so? Because he sees himself in his Son. His own perfections are flawlessly reflected there." (Steve Estes)




Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment