Sunday, March 24, 2013

+DEV+ By Grace: A Sure Foundation [12 of 27]

Date: March 24, 2013 9:59 PM
Topic: +DEV+  By Grace: A Sure Foundation [12 of 27]

By Grace: A Sure Foundation [12 of 27]


"So this is what the Sovereign LORD says;'See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.'" (Isaiah 28:16)
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 28:16-19; Ephesians 2:20

When I came to Christ over 40 years ago, my trust in Him was relatively weak. But as I have come to know Him better, my trust in Jesus and His Word has strengthened. Besides growing spiritually, I have grown emotionally and intellectually. Some in the evangelical church might react negatively to my claim of "intellectual" growth, saying, "I have Jesus in my heart, not just in my head." But to get to one's heart, trust in Christ must first pass through the mind. Christ's "sure foundation" is laid there.

And this verse is about Christ. He is the stone whom "the builders rejected" (Matthew 21:42). He is the cornerstone from Judah (Zechariah 10:4). He is the spiritual "rock" in the desert from which water poured (1 Corinthians 10:4). He is the "rock" on which the wise man built his house (Luke 6:48) and the "rock" of Peter's confession (Matthew 16:18). He is the earth's foundation - its "cornerstone" (Job 38:6). The Scriptures prove overwhelmingly to the mind that Jesus is the "sure foundation."

Insight: Do I know Jesus loves me because "he lives within my heart?" Or, do I know that because "the Bible tells me so"?




Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment