Tuesday, August 6, 2013

+DEV+ God Chose Us

Date: March 3, 2012 1:03 PM
Topic: +DEV+  God Chose Us

God Chose Us


"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.'" (Jeremiah 1:4-5)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 139:13-18

I used to dread team games in school. The best athletes were always chosen to be the captains and their task was to pick their team from the rest of us. Naturally they would begin with those they were confident would help them win. I was always at the end, desperately wondering who would have pity and choose me.

How deeply grateful I am that God isn't like that! His love for us is simply too great to cause us such shame. Throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, we read the life stories of ordinary men and women God chose and gifted for specific purposes: prophets, priests, kings, leaders, disciples, teachers, evangelists.  They were ordinary, that is, until they listened to God's call. "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit," Jesus said in John 15:16. God is writing us, ordinary and sinful as we are, into His story, too. As we listen to His call, we can have hope and confidence that what He asks us to do, He will gift us to accomplish.

Insight: Ephesians 1:4 says God chose us "before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight". We are His chosen!



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

 A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm


First 500 can receive by e-mail a copy of ether of two complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series or the "Grace" Series

No comments:

Post a Comment