Sunday, September 15, 2013

+DEV+ God Hears my Voice

Date: September 15, 2013 10:33 PM
Topic: +DEV+  God Hears my Voice

God Hears my Voice


"But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice." (Psalm 55:16-17)

Scripture Focus: Exodus 32:1-14

My heart melts when my grandchildren speak to me. Their tiny voices might be asking a question or, more than likely, requesting a snack, but no matter what the reason, I want to stop and listen. Because they are so precious to me, I can't imagine hurting them by ignoring their voice.

All through Scripture we read of people crying out to God. The intimate interchange between Moses and God in Exodus 32 is a great example. Just as God was ready to destroy the Israelites because of their sin, Moses "sought the favor of the Lord his God" (vs. 10) and "the Lord relented and didn't bring on his people the disaster he had threatened" (vs. 14).

God's love for us is as full and as great as that! He listens when we speak and when we cry out. Imagine! As deeply as I love my grandchildren and drop everything to listen to them, God's love for us is so much greater. He does hear our voice; He does compassionately and wisely answer our prayers; and He does know our needs, meeting them perfectly in His providential ways.

Insight: In ancient societies, gods were neither personal nor relational. Not so with the one true God who sent His Son to die for our sins.





Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

PS. We are in dire need of some Macintosh compatible computer equipment. So your donations would be appreciated.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
The First 500 will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series

No comments:

Post a Comment