Thursday, September 12, 2013

+DEV+ I Will Give You Rest

Date: September 12, 2013 11:45 PM
Topic: +DEV+  I Will Give You Rest

I Will Give You Rest

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me...." (Matthew 11:28-29)

Scripture Focus: Exodus 31:12-18

The phone rings. It's not a solicitor, business call or emergency. Instead it's the familiar voice of a friend asking if I have time for a visit. It's an invitation to step away from the demands around me and rest in the comfort of a trusted friendship for just a little while.

Rest comes to us in through sleep, relaxation, distraction, comfort. It refreshes our bodies, minds and souls, as rain brings refreshing to the desert. When we are experiencing exhaustion, an invitation to rest can be life-giving.

Jesus has gently spoken an invitation for us to rest with Him. "Come to me," He says, "and I will give you rest." There's no time limit on His invitation, no cost to us, no hidden agendas or misunderstood motives. Just an honest invitation, right in the middle of our messy lives, to experience deep rest. Even if this life holds little relief for you, He will not withhold His promised rest forever. Listen to His invitation, rejoicing that His rest is not just for a little while, but for all eternity.

Insight: God provided restoration for all creation through the gift of rest. The earth experiences it through the seasons. Mankind knows it through keeping the Sabbath.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

PS. We are in dire need of some Macintosh compatible computer equipment. So your donations would be appreciated.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
The First 500 will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series

No comments:

Post a Comment