Wednesday, February 12, 2014

+DEV+ I Want To Sing Your Praises

Date: February 12, 2014 10:08 PM
Topic: +DEV+  I Want To Sing Your Praises

I Want To Sing Your Praises

"Day and night they never stop saying: 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.'" (Revelation 4:8)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 99

One of the things I'm looking forward to in heaven is being able to sing on key. I love to sing, and I do so with gusto at times, much to the chagrin of those sitting near me in church. I fully expect that my glorified body will have a perfect singing voice, too.

The book of Revelation records a number of the songs of heaven, and the very first one (4:8) praises the holiness of God. This song is sung by four living creatures, but as the music progresses, more and more of the heavenly chorus join in until all creation is singing praises to the Lord (5:13). Can you imagine the magnificent sound?

Some of us may not yet have the kind of singing voices we think are worthy, but one day we will. In the meantime, we can "tune up" for those heavenly songs by glorifying God with our lives. Jesus said, "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples" (John 15:8). Won't you join me in singing with passion a song of praise to our great and holy King? "Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!"

Insight:  "Lord, I want to sing your praises with my whole life. Help me to convey something of Jesus' beauty as I do so."

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment