Tuesday, February 25, 2014

+DEV+ The Lord Directs His Love

Date: February 25, 2014 11:16 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Lord Directs His Love

The Lord Directs His Love

"By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 42:1-11

I try to read from the book of Psalms each day, and this particular verse rings so true in my heart. Often at the end of a hectic day and during the first moments my head hits the pillow, I sense the Lord is very present. It's not unusual for the words of a song to come to me. It might be from the old Swedish hymn, "Day by Day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here," or from a new chorus, "The Power of the Cross." At night the Lord's song truly is with me.

The psalmist is reminding us of God's love during the day - even when life isn't going well (vs. 5-6); yet at night, He comforts us with His song. I remember a book entitled God Works the Night Shift. The author wrote about God's acts of love upon us while we sleep and why we can trust Him in times of darkness. An older lady was dealing with heavy life issues. Her prayer at night was, "Lord, I leave them with You. No point in both of us staying awake!" Enjoy your Savior's warm hand of eternal love upon you.

Insight: Cling to Him who neither slumbers nor sleeps, who loves you and often works within you through the night.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment