Monday, May 18, 2015

+DEV+ The “I Cans” in Victory

Date: May 18, 2015 1:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+  The “I Cans” in Victory

The “I Cans” in Victory
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Scripture Focus: 1 Samuel 17:32-50

Goliath, champion of the Philistines, taunted Saul and his army morning and evening for 40 days. "Choose a man and have him come down to me. If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects" (1 Samuel 17:8-9), he declared. The response of Saul and each of the Israelites - including David's three oldest brothers - was, "I can't!" How right they were! Young David's response was, "I can!" because in his simple faith he knew that the God who had enabled him to defend his father's sheep from a lion and a bear was well able to give victory over Goliath. 

Taking on the giants in our lives requires more than just "can-do" positive thinking. Our trust is in the One who has chosen us to be His hands to do the deed. Our trust is in a Savior who conquered Satan and death. David fired the stone from his sling knowing God had prepared him for that moment. Each of us stands with the God of all Creation who can and will accomplish all His holy will, sometimes even using us as His instruments to do so.

Insight: I know my Lord is able to carry me through. (Paul E. Paino, 1958)



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment