Friday, May 29, 2015

+DEV+ Your Heart's Delight and Joy

Date: May 29, 2015 12:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Your Heart's Delight and Joy

Your Heart's Delight and Joy

"When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty." Jeremiah 15:16

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:105-112

One thing sorely missed by a person serving time in the military, is good home cooking. Thinking about foods that used to be so immensely enjoyed on the outside can almost become an obsession. Eventually, I had to ask myself (and perhaps you do, too) if my longings for certain foods were actually stronger than my longing to consume the Word of God. The most sumptuous meal that we can ever imagine pales in comparison to the joy and delight which comes from a feast in God's Word! 

Jeremiah knew that this was true because he realized that this Word came from the One by whose Name he was called: The LORD God of hosts. Isn't it great that Jeremiah writes of "eating" God's Word? However, for the prophet, it wasn't just any old food. The Word of God was the "joy and rejoicing" of his heart. There was no greater banquet spread before him! 

As much as I now appreciate more than ever a good home-cooked meal, my greater love is for the Word which nourishes my soul and delights my heart with the good news of Jesus Christ.

Insight: As children of God, the greatest delight we can have is in the word of God, for we are called by His name.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment