Sunday, May 3, 2009

+DEV+ God’s Promise, My Hope

Date: May 3, 2009 10:07 PM

Topic: +DEV+     God’s Promise, My Hope


God’s Promise, My Hope


Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:49-56

“Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life” (Psalm 119:49-50).


How many times have you come to God with one of His promises and held Him to it? I have over and over.


When our job crashed, I cried out to God, and He delivered us. When I broke my back, He gave me a promise that even this would be a blessing in my life.


One day I sat on the stone bench by a little stream tumbling down the hill at the spring of a little creek. I prayed, “Lord, I have this problem and pain in my life. Use it for Your glory.”


The very next day at the house, a man came in early to our Bible study. He was totally distraught. His wife was dying and she was not allowed to be there with the rest of her family. I listened, remembering times when God had met my need as I called on Him in times of complete desperation, then prayed with him.


God is amazing in the way He uses the pain in our lives. Remembering His promises, He comforts us so we may comfort others. 


Insight: God’s promises are our hope and comfort in the trials of life. Hold Him to them. “Lord, remember what You have said to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment