Tuesday, May 26, 2009

+DEV+ Teaching

Date: May 26, 2009 12:58 AM

Topic: +DEV+     Teaching


Teaching


Scripture Focus: Luke 10:25-37

“We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ” (Colossians 1:28).


Teachers are powerful influences, in both positive and negative ways. While I was a child, my Sunday School teacher influenced me to become a Christian and to serve God. Then a high school teacher influenced me to drop out of church for a time.


Several church leaders influenced me to write and teach. A pastor changed my view of teaching adults. Other pastors challenged me to think through my convictions in the light of biblical truth. As a result of the influence of these pastors and teachers as well as many others, I have grown intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and socially.


Jesus knew the value of teaching in helping people grow. When a lawyer asked Him questions, He answered by a story. That story about the Good Samaritan and the accompanying question of who was the neighbor taught more than a lecture.


We don’t need to be a teacher in order to teach others. In fact, the New Testament makes it clear that all believers are to teach. God can use you to build relationships through your teaching! 


Insight: “The only way we can teach the Word of God is to live the Word of God” (Henrietta C. Mears).

No comments:

Post a Comment