Friday, May 29, 2009

+DEV+ Good Works

Date: May 29, 2009 1:09 AM

Topic: +DEV+     Good Works


Good Works


Scripture Focus: John 9:1-38

“Do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased” (Hebrews 13:16).


“I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to my fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”


This quote is worthy of adoption. Jesus‚ earthly life exemplified this ideal. One example of His good works is found in today’s reading.


At the temple, Jesus passed by a man who was born blind. Jesus took the initiative to meet his need for sight without the man asking Him for healing. Later, when the man was thrown out of the temple for testifying on behalf of the One who had performed the miracle, Jesus found him and taught him the truth about Himself.


Every day you have opportunities to use good works in building bridges to begin or strengthen relationships. Your friends, your coworkers, family members, and neighbors all have needs. Will you seize the opportunities God gives you to do something good for them? 


Insight: Whom can you do something good for this week? What will you do? When will you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment