Wednesday, September 16, 2009

+DEV+ I – Inheritance from God

Date: September 16, 2009 11:05 PM
Topic: +DEV+ I – Inheritance from God

I – Inheritance from God

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . he has given us new birth into a living hope . . . and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade.” (1 Peter 1:3-4)
Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 1:3-9

Working my way through college gave the Lord many opportunities to supply my needs. He proved Himself faithful. I didn’t miss a meal nor did I owe money to any institution when I graduated.

God’s provisions came in unexpected ways sometimes. Many months after my grandfather died, I received a legal notice that I had been mentioned in his will. But no amount was specified. One day after I had all but forgotten about the matter, I received a check for $1,000 from his estate.

With a thankful heart I endorsed it over to the college toward my expenses. How surprised I was to later get an inheritance tax bill for $151.00—money I no longer had! And the next April’s income tax took another bite. My inheritance had shrunk!

You and I needn’t wait until God’s will is opened and read to us. We can open it and read it for ourselves anytime. We needn’t wonder if we’ll be included or for how much. We can be certain of our inheritance. And it’s guaranteed not to be taxed or otherwise diminished.

Insight: May the Lord show us how to live in the light of the wonderful inheritance He has for us.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment