Tuesday, October 27, 2009

+DEV+ Living in Love

Date: October 27, 2009 9:54 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Living in Love

Living in Love

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love.” (John 15:9-10)
Scripture Focus: John 15:9-17

When Jesus speaks of love, He speaks in the past, present, and the future.

Past: As My Father has always loved Me, so have I loved you.

Present: So live today in that sphere of perfect love. And as you obey My commandments today,

Future: You will continue to live in that sphere of My love.

Present: I am telling you this so that My joy may constantly pervade your life. Love each other,

Past: As I have unfailingly loved you.

What a beautiful blending of past, present, and future, of receiving love, giving out love, and enjoying new capacities to give and receive love!

Jesus gives us two responsibilities if we will live in His love. First, to obey His commands, and second, to reach out and love others. We may start by taking time to listen or by helping lift the load of another. But when we obey and take that first step, we will sense that the warmth of His love is filling our beings.

Insight: Our love-hungry hearts long to enjoy Christ’s love to the full. We are satisfied when we obey Him and express love to others.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment