Wednesday, October 7, 2009

+DEV+ V – Victory in Christ

Date: October 7, 2009 9:19 PM
Topic: +DEV+ V – Victory in Christ

V – Victory in Christ

“Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” (1 John 5:4)
Scripture Focus: Ephesians 1:18-23

Me? Apologize for my bad attitude toward a business associate who had made my life miserable for the past year? Impossible! Never! He’s the one who should apologize to me.

But then, who was holding the grudge? Who had an unforgiving spirit? Whose thought life was consumed with this problem person? My attitude was not hurting him—only myself. I was the loser.

As I fought an inner struggle between what I knew I should do and what I wanted to do, I was reminded of Paul’s words, “Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).

I knew that the same power that raised Christ from the dead was in me as a Christian (Ephesians 1:20). God could help me forgive, refocus my thoughts and change my attitude. And He did!

The kingdom of God is not merely a matter of platitudes but of power. I’m not limited to just doing what comes naturally. By relying on God’s mighty power, I can do what comes supernaturally.

Insight: Rely on God’s power. Whatever your struggle today, believe that God can give you victory. Claim it! Act on it!

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment