Tuesday, October 6, 2009

+DEV+ U – Union with Christ

Date: October 6, 2009 10:21 PM
Topic: +DEV+ U – Union with Christ

U – Union with Christ

“He who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.” (1 Corinthians 6:17)
Scripture Focus: Philippians 4:6-7

One of the best things I ever happened onto was my journals. I keep in them my Bible study insights, sermon and Sunday School notes, and most important to me, my prayer requests.

The prayer section has two columns: one for the date and the request and the other for the date and the answer. Whenever I begin thinking, I guess my prayers don’t count for much, I review the pages.

It always causes me to praise God for all His past mercy and kindness in hearing my prayers and acting on them. Often His answers are direct and specific; other times He seems to say “no” or “not now.” Looking back on these latter requests, I find myself sometimes thanking God that in His wisdom and mercy He doesn’t grant me all my petitions.

One privilege of being in union with Christ is the freedom of fellowship with Him in prayer.

How is your prayer life? Are you satisfied with it? Frustrated? Discouraged? Maybe a little notebook would help you. Begin to keep a record of your prayer life with God. Any color notebook will do!

Insight: Begin today to explore more deeply into the privileges of your union with Christ.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment