Monday, December 20, 2010

+DEV+ Committed to His Purpose

Date: December 20, 2010 9:29 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Committed to His Purpose

Committed to His Purpose

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:29-30).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 11:25-30

Often the ministry of Pastor sometimes involves moving from one crisis to another. Being human, we can only endure so long until refreshment is needed physically, emotionally and certainly spiritually. Interestingly, as I write today's thoughts, we are about to move back to the west coast. We're weary and overwhelmed with sorting, tossing, packing, and sealing. We've been making time to say good-bye to many dear friends. Those who know us well have been affirming that God will give us new opportunities for His Kingdom and glory because we have been committed to His purpose. Jesus simply reminds us that we take the yoke together. And the burden is light because really He is carrying the load for us. Isaiah reminds us, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" (40:29). Trusting in those promises, we can carry on and take the next step.

I resolve to be committed to His purposes. My prayer is that you will usher in the New Year by doing the same.

Insight: The Psalmist Says, "All My Fountains Are In You" (87:7). Both Strength And Peace Come From Him In Times Of Exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment