Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tears

Tears

"Record my lament; list my tears on your scroll - are they not in your record?...For you have delivered my soul from death and my feet from stumbling..." (Psalm 56:8, 13).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 56

There is rarely a day as Pastor that I don't share in the tears of a family. The tragedies, crises, struggles, and losses, are real. One night when my cell phone went off, it was my duty to notify a mother that her young son had died in a motorcycle accident. What a heartbreaking moment. People began to gather; the night was filled with tears. My own heart ached as I shared in the grief of family and friends. Hours later I was able to offer assurance that those tears were not wasted. The psalmist says, "Put my tears into your bottle (NKJV)."

It's comforting to know that God regards and records our tears. There will be weeping sometime during this year - perhaps already - that does not escape His watchful eye. Often His purpose is veiled from us for a season, but His tenderness keeps those tears safe. Today, that mother who lost her son is actively involved in working with others who have their own bottles of tears, not one of them overlooked by our heavenly Father.

Insight: God Is Pleased When We Become His Instruments Of Grace In The Lives Of Those Who Have Been Shattered By Life's Difficult Experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment