Wednesday, December 25, 2013

+DEV+ Christians Are Radicals

Date: December 25, 2013 11:19 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Christians Are Radicals

Christians Are Radicals

"You were taught... to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22, 24)

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 4:17-32

Christians are radically different people. To the very center of my being, I am a new person, radically changed from the person I was before I knew Jesus Christ. The Bible describes just how drastically different I am. It's almost like the "before-and-after" ads for weight-loss that you've seen in magazines or newspapers.

I once was dead but now am alive (Ephesians 2:5). I used to be the picture of darkness but now am light (Ephesians 5:8). Formerly I was under the dominion of darkness but now am part of the kingdom of God's Son (Colossians 1:13). Originally a child of the devil, now I am child of God (1 John 3:10).

I am a new creation in Christ, created to be like Him, bearing the family likeness. Yet I bear it in an imperfect body, what the Bible sometimes calls "the flesh." So while I am radically new, I am not totally new. The flesh-prone to sin-fights me every step of the way. But thanks be to God, He has made provision for my victory through Jesus and His Spirit at work in me.

Insight:  "Father, help me daily to walk by the Spirit so that I might live to please You."


Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment