Thursday, December 19, 2013

+DEV+ Is There Room for Jesus

Date: December 19, 2013 12:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Is There Room for Jesus

Is There Room for Jesus
   

“She gave birth to her firstborn, a son.  She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn” (Luke 2:7).

Scripture Focus:Luke 2:1-7

Today's verse haunts me. God knocks at the inns of our hearts, and the response too often is the same, “Sorry, there's no room for You here.”

A young man told me, “I’ll get serious about God when I'm older. I'm too young now. I want to party!” Then terminal cancer struck in his 21st year, and he tearfully opened the door for the Savior.

Jesus knocked at the inn of an executive, but he was too busy providing an affluent lifestyle for his family. “Come back later when I have more time,” he told Him. “I'm too stressed out now!”

Jesus knocked at the inn of a young philosopher, but he found the Gospel too exclusive of other ideologies. He answered, “Sorry, I've invited too many others into my inn. There isn't any room for You.”

Jesus knocked at the inn of a Christian worker, but he sadly closed the door, saying, “Sorry, but I'm so burned out I can't take in one more person.”

Too young...too busy. . . too crowded . . .too burned out. How do you respond when Jesus knocks at your door?

Insight: Will you put a “Vacancy” sign on the door of your inn so that you can welcome Jesus?


Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Serie or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment