Wednesday, June 17, 2015

+DEV+ The Lord Is My Strength

Date: June 17, 2015 11:26 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Lord Is My Strength

The Lord Is My Strength

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 5:11-12; Psalm 59:16-17

The cold bleakness of the operating room was underlined by the loud, meaningless noise grating from the radio, compounding my vulnerability that morning. I was terrified of having surgeons invade my back to operate my damaged L4-L5 disk and anxious about the possible complications. Wearily, I tried to focus on Jesus. 

Suddenly, “He has made me glad - This is the day that the Lord has made” tunes fully flooded the room from the radio, and I was overcome by joy and peace. The Lord knew just how to reassure me that He was near and in charge, through those particular lyrics of a favorite Psalter praising Him. I was able to relax within His warm love. 

Jesus seems to delight in surprising us with new ways of revealing His presence - often amazingly personal, meaningful, and memorable ones. Sometimes it's as though He's singing to us Himself with soothing lullabies and His heart's most expressive melodies (Zephaniah 3:17). Equally He delights in our recognition and appreciation of His companionship and care, the sweetest of songs to His loving ears.

Insight: Our kind Lord touchingly reassures and upholds us in the ways we most need and recognize, drawing us ever closer to Him.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment