Tuesday, June 23, 2015

+DEV+ Secret of being Content

Date: June 23, 2015 11:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Secret of being Content

Secret of being Content

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation ... I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12B-13

Scripture Focus: Philippians 4:10-13

For the Christian, contentment need not be contingent upon circumstance. Compare your situation today to the life of the Apostle Paul, who penned his letter to Philippi while he was in chains. "I have been in prison ... been exposed to death again and again. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea ... I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked" (2 Corinthians 11:23-27). 

With each successive trial, Paul had come to realize more deeply that all he really had was Christ ... and that this was worth more than all the wealth, success, pleasures and comfort this world has to offer. Only by suffering loss, did he grow to value Christ above all. 

Has the Lord allowed any kind of loss in your life? Are you struggling to make sense of hardships that you have endured? Take a leap of faith and respond with thanksgiving. Ask God to use your loss to elevate Christ in your life.

Insight: Lord, I lift up my pain and loss to you. Take and use these trials that I might learn to love Christ more.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment