Monday, October 15, 2012

+DEV+ Are You a Foot Washer?

Date: October 15, 2012 10:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Are You a Foot Washer?

Are You a Foot Washer?

"I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you."  (John 13:15)
Scripture Focus: John 13:1-17

One of the most humbling acts of ministry I have ever been a part of took place in a small house church in South Korea. Where I spent many an evening with a group of fellow christians. Mom and Pop as they were called ministered to Service men and women stationed in Korea lived in Seoul Korea

At one point Pop said, "Brother, can we wash your feet?" We accepted, and as they washed our feet we prayed for each other. Water poured down along with tears, first from one and then to another until all had been washed.

I often remind myself that, as we sing, our worship is first an offering to God. However, we also have the privilege through worship of "washing the feet" of the weary souls who gather there. I pray that you will be able to minister to a hurting friend today.

Insight: Is There An Act Of Humble Service That God Is Calling You To, Firstly For Him And Then For The Benefit Of Some Weary Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment