Tuesday, September 29, 2015

+DEV+ I Am The Lord

Date: September 29, 2015 12:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+  I Am The Lord

I Am The Lord

 "...that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the Lord." EXODUS 10:2

Scripture Focus: Exodus 8:1-15

The matronly teacher stood in front of the Daily Vacation Bible School class telling the story of the ten plagues which God used to get Pharaoh's attention. As she told of the second plague, she lifted a loaf of homemade bread. With a serrated knife she cut the loaf in half, revealing inside a large ceramic frog! The nine-year-old boys in that class were awe-struck! 

But they got the message - that God is serious, and not to be messed with! They also were told of God's provision of rescue for those Israelites who would trust Him. The final plague, the killing of the first-born, showed God's provision of sacrificial lambs. The lambs' blood was applied to the Israelites' doorposts, offering protection from the angel of death. 

The lambs pointed to the ultimate Lamb of God, who would one day be sacrificed to provide salvation to those who would look to Him in faith. I was one of the boys in that class, and it was later that week - over forty eight years ago - that I put my faith in Christ. That frog got my attention!

Insight: He is an awesome God; don't mess with Him! He is a loving God; trust in Him.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment