Tuesday, July 21, 2009

+DEV+ Come Higher!

Date: July 21, 2009 10:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Come Higher!

Come Higher!

“And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, ‘Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this’” (Revelation 4:1).
Scripture Focus: Revelation 4:1-11

During the war in Southeast Asia, missionaries were evacuated back to the United States for safety reasons. My church’s college class was taught by one of those outstanding men, strong in faith and committed to Christ.

Though far from his chosen mission field, he continued to serve the Lord where he was. For months we sat spellbound, soaking up God’s truth as he taught from Revelation. The teaching came alive and created within each of us the hope of heaven. Our teacher emphasized that the world was not spinning out of control in Revelation. Rather, God was (and is) on His throne, orchestrating all the events recorded by John.

He taught us to live in obedience to Christ and get above the ruts of life.

Jesus’ invitation was to “come up here.” How can we do that? By growing continually in the grace and knowledge of Christ and living for Him in all we do and say. What I learned all those years ago is more applicable and valuable to me today than ever.

Insight: My growth as a Christian can be measured by how much insight I have for what pleases God and how I accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment