Monday, July 27, 2009

+DEV+ The Theme of My Song

Date: July 27, 2009 10:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Theme of My Song

The Theme of My Song

“Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. In the night I remember your name, O Lord, and I will keep your law. This has been my practice: I obey your precepts.” (Psalm 119:54-56)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:171-175

Music seems to be everywhere we turn these days—car radios, elevators, restaurants, cell phones and computers. I’ve often seen people walking down the street, moving their lips and making facial contortions as if talking to themselves. Then I see the tiny ear device and realize they’re singing along with music only they can hear.

The most popular theme of music is love. I suppose we tend to sing about the things that are most important to us. The longest chapter in the Bible is a song of praise for God’s Word. The singer is overwhelmed and delighted by the promises and commands God has made available to him to read and study. God’s Words are the singer’s counselors, his truth, hope, comfort, guide, joy, and light. They are more precious than gold or silver. No wonder God’s Word is his favorite topic to sing about.

What is most important to you? Are you thinking, even singing about God and His Word?

Insight: The more we study God’s Word, the more reasons we find to sing. And the more we sing about Him, the more we want to study His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment