Tuesday, July 7, 2009

+DEV+ Sovereign!

Date: July 7, 2009 10:07 PM

Topic: +DEV+ Sovereign!


Sovereign!


“‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come, the Almighty.’” (Revelation 1:8).

Scripture Focus: Revelation 1:1-20


Pastoral ministry to pastors and hospital patients can be tough: deaths, hard questions, rejection, troubles with their families. After a particularly tough week I came across the words of John in Revelation 1, also written during tough times. I was reminded that Christ is sovereign. There is nothing outside His knowledge, no unknown factors that can sabotage my faith. The Almighty stands supreme over all the uncertainties and traumatic events in the world. As He has done before, He simply says, “Do not be afraid” (Revelation 1:17).


As we confront the severity of life with all its fragile issues, we can turn to Jesus. He has set us free from the control of sin; He restores us, and will resurrect us to eternal life someday. Jesus has His hand on me, giving me inexpressible peace and comfort and the strength to press on. There is nothing better than the confidence that I am being held by Him and underneath are His everlasting arms. I know my sovereign God is in control.


Insight: It’s significant to fall before Him, but also to be raised up by Him, renewed and refreshed for whatever is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment