Thursday, July 23, 2009

+DEV+ Sharing Our Story

Date: June 23, 2009 10:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sharing Our Story

Sharing Our Story

“I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever” (Psalm 89:1-2).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 145:1-13

I sat around a table of a missionary in Korea listening to a pastor from South Vietnam relate his story of faith, including God’s blessing, protection, and anointing of his ministry in a time of war. I hoped his story would be passed on to the next generation. The Vietnam conflict ended, Christians suffered greatly, yet their faith in Christ remained strong.

It is our responsibility and privilege to make known the story of God’s faithfulness. “But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever, your renown endures through all generations. . . . Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the Lord” (Psalm 102:12, 18).

“Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another, they will tell of your mighty acts” (Psalm 145:3-4).

We must be committed to telling our stories of God’s love and faithfulness, passing the torch to the next generation to carry it on.

Insight: “I love to tell the story; t’will be my theme in glory, to tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment