Sunday, June 12, 2011

+DEV+ Forgive and Forget?

Date: June 12, 2011 10:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Forgive and Forget?

Forgive and Forget?

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (EPHESIANS 4:32)
Scripture Focus: Ephesians 4:17-32

"Forgive and forget." We've all heard or used that saying. But it's much easier said than done, isn't it?

I recall a situation years ago when I was deeply offended and had a really hard time forgiving that offense against me. I felt that I simply didn't have the internal fortitude to forgive and forget how I had been wronged. It hurt too much. I prayed about it and asked for the strength to forgive.

Somewhere along the line it dawned on me that I have already received forgiveness in Christ myself. I realized what I needed to do was merely extend to my offender what had already been given to me: God's forgiveness. This wasn't something I had within myself alone, but I had received it in Christ. I needed only to share what was given to me and be relieved of the heavy load of resentment.

Though I thought I would never forget that incident, today I cannot seem to remember what the offense was! But I will always remember how God in Christ has forgiven me.

Insight: Are You Going Through Life Carrying Bitterness? Share The Forgiveness You Have Been Given In Christ And Be Relieved Of The Burden Of A Grudge.

1 comment: