Monday, June 27, 2011

+DEV+ Hope in God

Date: June 27, 2011 11:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Hope in God

Hope in God

“Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (LAMENTATIONS 3: 22-23)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 42

Like the psalmist, I once shared in joyful worship and fellowship in church. Then, a friend's betrayal resulted in rejection from a group of people, and I stood apart from the fellowship of others at church. Singing during worship came from my lips, not from my heart. Sermons seemed like mere words bouncing off walls without touching my heart's needs. It was a lonely time for me.

In time, my soul began to thirst for closer fellowship with the Lord. With Bible and notebook, I studied intently verse by verse. I disciplined my thinking to God's promises when negative thoughts came to mind. The rich truth of those promises revived my hope in Him. Hymns of the faith wafted through rooms of my house (and my heart!) as I cleaned and cooked. I began reaching out to people with the love of Jesus Christ. In time, my downcast spirit was lifted as I realized that any rejection I could ever feel was matched and surpassed by the rejection that my Lord took for me at the cross. Great is His faithfulness!

Insight: When Your Soul Is Downcast, It Is A Signal For You To Look Up And "Put Your Hope In God." (Psalm 42:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment