Wednesday, June 22, 2011

+DEV+ God Knows Us

Date: June 22, 2011 11:25 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God Knows Us

God Knows Us

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (MATTHEW 10:29, 31)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 84

One spring a robin tried to build its nest behind the light outside my front door. Every time the bird stuffed dried grass into the narrow space, I removed it. I was hoping my feathered friend would make a better choice for its home. Several days later, I happily watched the robin building its nest in a nearby tree.

Like the bird, the time came for me to look for a better house than the one I was in. My current home turned out to be structurally unsound and would have cost me staggering amounts of money to fix. Thoughts of solving all of the problems of this home baffled me.

But believing that God cares for my every need, I prayed. I felt a bit like that bird needing redirection. But I also remembered that I am worth more to my heavenly Father than all of His precious little birds. Eventually, I settled in a condo in my own neighborhood, so grateful for what turned out to be a much better plan for my life. Keep your eyes open and your heart softened to the paths the Lord leads you down.

Insight: God, who counts every hair on your head, knows every detail of your life. he will direct your paths; trust him to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment